Identify the specific ethical characteristic(s) of the dilemma as outlined in your text.
Calabro’s Participative Ethical Decision-Making (PEDM) Model offers tools for resolving such conflicts. The model, which Mary Calabro, NP, developed in 1997, provides a guide to address ethical dilemmas in an equitable manner.
1) Complete the readings up to and including this week.
2) Pick a clinical situation in your present or past work setting that presented an ethical dilemma.
3) Without identifying those involved by name, describe the situation in detail including the setting, individuals involved and outcome.
4) Identify the specific ethical characteristic(s) of the dilemma as outlined in your text. Was this a communication problem, interdisciplinary conflict, multiple commitments dilemma? If not one of these, can you identify another ethical dilemma characteristic?
5) What ethical principle(s) was violated? Give the principle and describe specifically how it (they) was violated.
6) What barriers to ethical practice were present? Refer to your textbook to identify the possible barriers present.
7) If the same situation occurred again, now that you have more knowledge about ethical decision making, which ethical theory would you use to help guide you in influencing the outcome. Why did you choose this theory?
8) Conclusion- Summarize the overall situation and outcome and how you felt about the ethical dilemma when it occurred. Describe your emotions, thoughts and overall reaction. Do you think that you will have a different perspective if a similar situation occurs again when you are working as a Family Nurse Practitioner?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING RESEARCH PAPER TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT